What we do
Mister Sharp and Mrs Sharp offers a professional, on site knife & tool sharpening service.
Expert Knife Sharpener.
We are mobile, we will come to you!
- The “Mister Sharp” franchise was introduced to New Zealand in 1990.
- Denis (the original Mister Sharp) Poppe is still operating “Mister Sharp” in Cambridge, Matamata and Morrinsville.
- His son Lance (get the point) Poppe now operates throughout Auckland and the Waikato, from Hibiscus Coast down to Hamilton and all in between.
- His niece Karen (Mrs Sharp) Gilbert now operates in Napier, Hastings and Central Hawkes Bay
- His nephew Rusty (blunt as) Poppe now operates in Taupo, Rotorua & Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
- The family business is growing with possibly another cousin jumping on board to operate in the Taranaki.
- Over the years the systems, grinding machines and practices have been updated but the principle has remained the same – a mobile sharpening service that visits clients at a time and place that is convenient to them.
- Whether it is commercial premises such as a restaurant or a private household – all jobs are important and part of the service.
What our clients think
Lance !!! What have you done.....The " axe " ( rather large chefs knife )
Hasn't been edging like this since the 80's
Youve brought new life to the kitchen drawer and a new zest and enthusiasm for cooking. Thanks for bringing back our knives.
We had our knives sharpened before the lock down and what a life changer! With all the home cooking imagine the frustration if we didnt have a full set of razor sharp knives.
Also had a great knife missing the top end which has been reshaped like new! Great result! AAA+++
Fantastic service! Lance was nice and friendly, available within the week and worked quickly. I can't explain how good it is to be able to slice a tomato with ease! Knives were very cleanly sharpened and still holding their edge.
Lance was really responsive with my enquiry and came out to our work and sharpened a number of our items. My expensive chef knives have the most beautiful keen edge on them, we are stoked. Fantastic work and Lance really takes great care.