What we do
Mister Sharp and Mrs Sharp offers a professional, on site knife & tool sharpening service.
Expert Knife Sharpener.
We are mobile, we will come to you!
- The “Mister Sharp” franchise was introduced to New Zealand in 1990.
- Denis (the original Mister Sharp) Poppe is still operating “Mister Sharp” in Cambridge, Matamata and Morrinsville.
- His son Lance (get the point) Poppe now operates throughout Auckland and the Waikato, from Hibiscus Coast down to Hamilton and all in between.
- His niece Karen (Mrs Sharp) Gilbert now operates in Napier, Hastings and Central Hawkes Bay
- His nephew Rusty (blunt as) Poppe now operates in Taupo, Rotorua & Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
- The family business is growing with possibly another cousin jumping on board to operate in the Taranaki.
- Over the years the systems, grinding machines and practices have been updated but the principle has remained the same – a mobile sharpening service that visits clients at a time and place that is convenient to them.
- Whether it is commercial premises such as a restaurant or a private household – all jobs are important and part of the service.
What our clients think
What an amazing service. I was ready to ditch my lovely high quality Japanese knives because they could no longer cut anything, the edges had literally worn away after years of use & infrequent sharpening at home. Lance came to my house …
Lance was really responsive with my enquiry and came out to our work and sharpened a number of our items. My expensive chef knives have the most beautiful keen edge on them, we are stoked. Fantastic work and Lance really takes great care.
We like our knives and Lance did too! Beautiful work, knives never been so tuned. Good price as well. Def recommend.
We had our knives sharpened before the lock down and what a life changer! With all the home cooking imagine the frustration if we didnt have a full set of razor sharp knives.
Also had a great knife missing the top end which has been reshaped like new! Great result! AAA+++