What we do
Mister Sharp and Mrs Sharp offers a professional, on site knife & tool sharpening service.
Expert Knife Sharpener.
We are mobile, we will come to you!
- The “Mister Sharp” franchise was introduced to New Zealand in 1990.
- Denis (the original Mister Sharp) Poppe is still operating “Mister Sharp” in Cambridge, Matamata and Morrinsville.
- His son Lance (get the point) Poppe now operates throughout Auckland and the Waikato, from Hibiscus Coast down to Hamilton and all in between.
- His niece Karen (Mrs Sharp) Gilbert now operates in Napier, Hastings and Central Hawkes Bay
- His nephew Rusty (blunt as) Poppe now operates in Taupo, Rotorua & Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
- The family business is growing with possibly another cousin jumping on board to operate in the Taranaki.
- Over the years the systems, grinding machines and practices have been updated but the principle has remained the same – a mobile sharpening service that visits clients at a time and place that is convenient to them.
- Whether it is commercial premises such as a restaurant or a private household – all jobs are important and part of the service.
What our clients think
Fantastic service! Lance was nice and friendly, available within the week and worked quickly. I can't explain how good it is to be able to slice a tomato with ease! Knives were very cleanly sharpened and still holding their edge.
What an amazing service. I was ready to ditch my lovely high quality Japanese knives because they could no longer cut anything, the edges had literally worn away after years of use & infrequent sharpening at home. Lance came to my house …
Lance is a bloody nice guy and did a great job with my knives and axes. Also turned up bang on time. Will use again next season, highly recommended!
Excellent service and soooo good to finally have sharp knives 🔪